Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Life Lessons Learned

Thoughts become things.

This is just one of the few things I learned in life.

It is important to always think positively a.k.a. “looking at the good side.”

Believe it or not, there is ALWAYS a good side to things. Sure you may not notice it right away but there is always a good one.

Even if you feel that  there are more bad sides than good sides, trust me, it’s always better to be on the good side - sunnier, brighter, and all around light.

Having a positive outlook in life is the best way to go.

Building relationships are very important.

I cannot stress this “lesson” enough. I think this is one of the most important things because no one can be alone.

Family relationships are personally my priority because my family is my support group. They’re my boosters and they really help me a lot with my day-to-day life.

Especially now that I’m in college, I am so thankful that I built that relationship with them from my childhood until during high school because college is a whole new experience. By sharing with them my college struggles, they help me overcome them and move on.

Always look up to God.

I always make it a point to pray before sleeping or whenever my mind is drifting.

God is my strength and my anchor.

Praying helps me calm down, especially in times when I feel really frustrated.

Be kind.

to quote Plato, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

This is one of my favorite quotes of all times. I like it so much because it reminds me that my problems are possibly aren’t as big as someone else’s.

It also reminds me not to be harsh and to be more understanding towards other people because they have a reason why they act the way they act. I'm not saying that they have the right to act horribly, though, but it helps me understand better.

Life goes on.

It may sound cheesy, I know, but it is true.

Life doesn’t stop for anyone, really. It just goes on.

It doesn’t matter if there are problems or setbacks so it’s best if you move on and go with the flow armed with your set of values and beliefs.

I think it’s really up to the person to look at the setback as either a lesson or a hurdle.

I personally think of setbacks as lessons, things that will make me a better person.


I’m just 17 and life has been really good to me. I know that these “life lessons” has been helping me all along.

Now, I'm positive that the future has something awesome for me.

I’m excited to know and embrace what it holds.

But today and everyday, I will live it as if it were my last.


1 comment: